200 plus pages of interactive fun! Need I say more? Maybe.
For this review, I brought in an expert avid reader with a ready opinion who just happens to fall into the age range for the target audience.
Meet my new Junior Book Reviewer: Miss Brooklyn Heath
After collaborating with Brooklyn, here are our thoughts:
1) This resource provides a variety of activities to keep our littles busy accessing all parts of their developing brains. From numbers to word searches to coloring, it's all there. Brooklyn happened to love the coloring pages the most. She wished there had been more stories to accompany the pictures, and put the scripture in context. (But, the accompanying scripture is a plus!)
2) Presented in chronological order, from Old Testament to New, this book is a great accompaniment for Bible stories, whether it be at home during devotional time or in Sunday School.
3) I, personally, thought the interactive parent guide was helpful, but could be more extensive. Some parents are well-versed in the Bible; others, not so much. It could be a great witnessing tool for parents and grandparents!
4) The price point is fantastic.
5) Brooklyn is eight, which is the top of the age range for this book; however, she did require parental assistance with some of the activities, which leads me to believe children of ten to twelve might actually enjoy this book as well.
6) Last, but really important, and precisely the reason I brought Brooklyn on board, from a child's perspective, the pages are too thin. Why? Because Brooklyn likes to use markers, and the markers bleed through the pages, causing her frustration when wanting to complete the next page.
Overall, our collaborative rating is 4 stars. Brooklyn recommends this book to the targeted age range.
Amanda Williams is a forty-year old wife and mother of two who can still swing her pony tail and display just a tad of sass. She is also a Jesus loving girl who realizes she is nothing without the One who saved her. Amanda has two degrees specializing in serving students with special needs and is currently working in the field of Leadership Development. She is a Christian author, speaker, blogger, and publisher who loves serving beside her husband at her local place of worship, First Baptist Church of Ocala.